Underbody/running board LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into doing some white LEDs under the body. Nothing ricer, they'd only light up with the puddle lights. I've already got the strand of LEDs, now I just need to hook them up. Anyone know where to tap into the puddle light wire?

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
I popped the puddle light out and tapped into the wire in the mirror. It runs inside the door panel too. Then you just have to run it through the door boot inside.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the puddle lights come on when you activate the dome lights from inside? Never really paid attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I popped the puddle light out and tapped into the wire in the mirror. It runs inside the door panel too. Then you just have to run it through the door boot inside.

That's not a bad idea. How hard was it to get the door panel off? Anything to be aware of before I do it?

And yeah, my plan was just to have them light up when I unlock the truck. Trying to make it as subtle as possible and still look clean.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Nah pretty simple. Two 7mm screws, one by the handle and another by the lock. A few plastic covers come off then just lift up and away

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can tap into that wire at the miles plug for the door at the fuse panel. I don't know which wires though.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Whether I go through the fuse box or the door, I guess I still have to figure out how to cleanly route it to the underbody...

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, I have been planning the same thing. But not sure how I want to enter the cabin. Contemplating drilling a small hole on each side of the truck and putting a grommet in there and running the wires through like that. I dont really want small wires running all over the underside of my truck just to enter the cabin ya know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz