Under-the-hood mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my out look on trying to make a tahoe "fast" is they are too heavy and no matter what you do to them they are going to be slow. I would just do apperance things to make it look good, and a tune and maybe exhaust, and roll the shyt out of it

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1. Flowmaster sucks.lol But seriosly, there are only a few mods to the engine that are worth doing in my opinion. A nice exhaust and CAI to start and then a Black Bear tune. That is a great place to start, if you really want to put some $$ into it, get a super charger.

why's everybody hating on Flowmaster!!?? had it on my 96 Yukon and now its on my 07 and i couldnt be happier, signature sound OH YEAH BABY!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going for a mild build then intake/exhaust/tune and stop there...if you are going to go further beef up the trans. before adding anything else.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
why's everybody hating on Flowmaster!!?? had it on my 96 Yukon and now its on my 07 and i couldnt be happier, signature sound OH YEAH BABY!

Flowmaster is for sound only. There are very minimal performance gains from it because it is a baffled muffler. To get anything out of a muffler it needs to be a straight through non baffled muffler. Like Magnaflow, Borla, Corsa

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the sound and perfornace of Flowmaster actually, if I could gain 2 HP with a muffler change, I personally wouldn't. Most IMHO don't sound as good as Flowmaster.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not a big fan of flowmaster but i tried the super 44 and im impressed it actually has a clean quality sound. i cant even count how many times i have had people ask what kind of exhaust i have and who did it

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, for my first under-the-hood, I shelled out $200 for an Optima Yellow-top battery. :D

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have is a K&N drop in filter, custom tune, and 2 Optima red top batteries, yellow tops are good if you're going to drain them down, but not worth the extra $$ if you're not.

I won't put any extra performance mods in my Hoe because, well I enjoy not having to worry about something f'ing up!!! I did the tune so I could get longer 4cylinder mode, extra trq for when I'm towing my boat, and overall better gas mileage.

If you want to add performance mods, save up and buy another car for that reason, to mod. I have daily driven heavily modded cars/trucks and it gets old very quickly always having something break and needing a ride for weeks or months, case in point, I just blew the built Ram clutch in my Z06 (there's another $1,300)

If you're going to do exhaust stay away from Crapmaster!!! They are only good for 5.0 Mustangs

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster system, the one that splits out to each side of the truck. It was not too expensive, easy to install and looks and sounds good. Nice deep rumble!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700