Under-the-hood mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I'm about done with modding the appearance. I like for everything to look stock so I've gone about as far as possible with all the exterior things.

• LTZ chrome parts (grille, handles, and rear bumper step pad). I've got chrome side moldings but they are not OEM, yet they strongly resemble Denali moldings.
  • Escalade roof rack, mirrors, and 3rd brake light.
  • G4 LED tail lights

As for interior, I've gotten all I can think of.

• Denali switches/wood.
  • Captain chair swap.

Now, I'm beginning to get really interested in performance and vehicle health mods. I want to get everyone's opinions on these things. I'm DEFINITELY going to get a BlackBear tune. But that's all I know of so far...

So send some ideas my way. :D

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't really have a specific budget. I just wanna do the same thing I did for my appearance mods - start building a list of things that I'll save up to buy eventually. It'd just be nice to have some things in mind.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put your money back in your pocket. when you get drunk its all fun and games but you end up with a hangover.. for example you add a bunch of power mods its all fun and games driving fast till you spend thousands on a new tranny. so if your wanting to do a bunch of performance stuff be prepared. imo if i could start over i would do QUALITY exhaust but not to loud cause it will get annoying (i love my flowmaster super 44s they are perfect) and i would be finished. plus if you spend all that money in upgrades your most likely to never get that money back out. tahoes are heavy and just arnt gonna go fast without thousands of dollars. if you really want to go fast buy a little 5.0 mustang or something for a toy and put your money in it.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put your money back in your pocket. when you get drunk its all fun and games but you end up with a hangover.. for example you add a bunch of power mods its all fun and games driving fast till you spend thousands on a new tranny. so if your wanting to do a bunch of performance stuff be prepared. imo if i could start over i would do QUALITY exhaust but not to loud cause it will get annoying (i love my flowmaster super 44s they are perfect) and i would be finished. plus if you spend all that money in upgrades your most likely to never get that money back out. tahoes are heavy and just arnt gonna go fast without thousands of dollars. if you really want to go fast buy a little 5.0 mustang or something for a toy and put your money in it.
Agreed. I did a few things to improve the "drive-ability" and enjoyment factor of my Tahoe but it's never going to be "fast". You can do a few things to improve the efficiency without creating conditions that are going to promote wear and tear like kickitandholdit said.

Go ahead and do a CAI, muffler or cat-back, a Corvette servo/4th gear super hold servo (if you tow often), and then maybe a tune. Be careful with a tune, though. Blackbear tunes seem to be great but it'll be interesting to see in a few years how peoples' trucks are holding up after removing all or most of the torque management.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Flowmasters are ewwww. Go for a quality Exhaust :imo:

+1. Flowmaster sucks.lol But seriosly, there are only a few mods to the engine that are worth doing in my opinion. A nice exhaust and CAI to start and then a Black Bear tune. That is a great place to start, if you really want to put some $$ into it, get a super charger.

Last edited:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more about Flowmasters. They're nasty. I have a Gibson dual-swept cat-back system and it sounds just absolutely incredible. It's tame and mellow under normal driving conditions with no drone. At idle it's got a nice little, mellow snarl....but when you stomp on it and it wraps up she absolutely screams. I have gotten sooooooooooooo many compliments about the sound.

I also have a love for Dynomax products. I have Dynomax mufflers on my old Mustang and they're incredible, as well. I think your best bet is Gibson (and very affordable), Dynomax, or Magnaflow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA