Under-dash sound when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oklahoma_stig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 04 Tahoe LS 2WD, I've noticed a developing noise. It does not occur when the truck is off but only when it's moving. If it's started and idling it also does not create the noise. However, if it is driving, almost constantly it makes a noise that kinda sounds like a staticy noise but also a rattling noise. It occurs when turning the most. If I turn left or right while moving it rattles. If I hit the brake, it also makes some of the noise, but not as much if steering. Again, if it's stopped or idling, no noise at all. I put some lithium grease on the brake booster grommet and around the rubber around the steering shaft in the firewall to no avail. I have relubed the intermediate shaft recently (unbolted it under the hood and then pulled it back and forth until it felt like it was lubed more) so I don't know if it's that shaft. The way it only happens when I move though has me confused. Almost like it might be the shaft.

Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe