U joints went out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of more of my driveline u joins shit the bed. The list just keeps growing of things to do :grd:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you done u-joints before? If not then, make sure you phase them correctly when you install them. Mark the spot on the front part of the driveshaft and the yoke and make sure they are aligned right when install the u-joint.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't count on the shipping grease to hold the caps on! Some of the newer ones are slippery not tacky. ( I hav'nt tried the Lifetime Lube ones). I always figured if you have to remove the caps to install them then ya might as well have a grease fitting. Already have your hands full trying to align parts/press/ arbors caps. Last thing you want is to chase a cap across the room or worse, picking up needle bearings and having to clean regrease the whole thing.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching a show on TV the other night, guy (Ant?) just pecked on the U-joints, just about fell out, started the new ones in and a couple easy whacks and done.

I laughed. Only on TV, not in the real world.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Watching a show on TV the other night, guy (Ant?) just pecked on the U-joints, just about fell out, started the new ones in and a couple easy whacks and done.

I laughed. Only on TV, not in the real world.

That guy Ant is on one of those Motor Trend TV car shows.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressing on the last one the cap exploded, don't use a socket!

9414.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel