Two spot lights or no spotlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have a 2015 PPV with one spotlight, and I hate the look. I was trying to decide if I want to have the spotlight removed and the hole professional patched and painted, or go all in and get a 2nd spotlight and pushbar make this a bad-ass Tahoe. Price is a concern, so on one hand, I can take off the driver spot light and sell to help pay for the repair and inner pillar trim. Im not sure what the repair and paint would run, but I know it wont be cheap. On the other hand, drilling a hole and mounting the 2nd spot light would run about $100. Only problem, I cant find a right hand tahoe LED spotlight anywhere and Unity doesnt reply to emails.

Suggestions? Not sure which direction to go and how to get a right side spotlight if I go that way.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say no spotlight unless you want to look like a cop. Also, depending on the vehicle and the spot light, it is just another thing for your head to hit in a major collision.

Rick M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree -- just get rid of the spotlights all together. My '15 came with both spotlights. Big loss on passenger side since you lose the convenience grab handle on the A pillar. I'm waiting to get mine into the shop now to close up the holes.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve decided to remove the spotlight. I can sell it to help defray the cost of the repair of the hole/paint.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve decided to remove the spotlight. I can sell it to help defray the cost of the repair of the hole/paint.

If there is no water leaking around the spotlight I would just leave it. I see a lot of decommissioned patrol vehicles in Florida with just one spotlight. Looks okay and the Leos could not care less. In Miami [where most motorists have guns in their vehicles] there is a better chance you will not get shot if road rage occurs if you have a spotlight which happens extremely often on I-95 and other roads here in South Florida.

But that is just me. To each his own.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is no water leaking around the spotlight I would just leave it. I see a lot of decommissioned patrol vehicles in Florida with just one spotlight. Looks okay and the Leos could not care less. In Miami [where most motorists have guns in their vehicles] there is a better chance you will not get shot if road rage occurs if you have a spotlight which happens extremely often on I-95 and other roads here in South Florida.

But that is just me. To each his own.

I dont like just one spotlight. Ive got a Taurus interceptor with one and dont like it. I prefer either 2 or none. I was just trying to figure out the cheapest path to take.