Two seat Tahoe overlander build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I really like how it works... I just keep thinking of other stuff to do to it... lol

There's always something haha. Atleast your'e getting out there and using it unlike 99% of the jeeps I see around here.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
There's always something haha. At least you're getting out there and using it unlike 99% of the jeeps I see around here.

Yea but, the best part about those pavement queens is they keep their rigs nice and clean and in good shape so when it's time for them to get a new one I can swoop up a rigged up truck for cheap... lol I have friends like that, I still like them..

Too many off roaders have very inflated fragile egos and think you have to have this or that stuff. Or in their small little minds if your rig can not do this or that trail it is not worthy who made them a judge? Only their little ego has appointed them an expert... lol

Who decides what you need to overland travel or to "get out there" Bottom line is just get out there go do and enjoy as much as you and your rig can, there is no competition no trophies (except in their small minded egos) I am amazed seeing stock Tahoe s doing what they do...

Sorry about the rant... lol

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea but, the best part about those pavement queens is they keep their rigs nice and clean and in good shape so when it's time for them to get a new one I can swoop up a rigged up truck for cheap... lol I have friends like that, I still like them..

Too many off roaders have very inflated fragile egos and think you have to have this or that stuff. Or in their small little minds if your rig can not do this or that trail it is not worthy who made them a judge? Only their little ego has appointed them an expert... lol

Who decides what you need to overland travel or to "get out there" Bottom line is just get out there go do and enjoy as much as you and your rig can, there is no competition no trophies (except in their small minded egos) I am amazed seeing stock Tahoe s doing what they do...

Sorry about the rant... lol

haha no no i get it. Its just the Jeep mentality that bothers me. They are all over here and its terrible haha. I showed up at a meet once with my solid axle swapped S10 and the dudes who actually built and wheeled their trucks were like oh sweet i wanna see it....the mall cralwers were like ehhh...its not a jeep so it will suck

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I run a 4 inch lift now and most likely will pick up another inch for a total of 5 inches front and rear. The kings will enable more wheel travel most likely up to 8 inches or more depending on how much the axles will take... They should preform better although I have no complaints about the RC 7000's on there now. The rear for now will most likely stay the same

Thank you. I really like how it works... I just keep thinking of other stuff to do to it... lol

Very cool. They don't get any better than King.

Curious, not very familiar with lifting our SUVs. How did you get 5" of lift out back? And does it affect where the rear wheels location? When I dropped mine it moved them off-center, does it do the same for lifting? I'd assume so.
How do you fix it? Lift links?

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Very cool. They don't get any better than King.

Curious, not very familiar with lifting our SUVs. How did you get 5" of lift out back? And does it affect where the rear wheels location? When I dropped mine it moved them off-center, does it do the same for lifting? I'd assume so.
How do you fix it? Lift links?

I have a Ranch 4 inch lift with over two inches of sag up front I plan to use the King shock to raise in up another inch in the front to total out 5 inches.

On the rear with the lift kit I have the rear wheel is re-centered with the Rancho lift kit and I am looking at putting King shocks and a little more spring back there to get a little more height.

To answer your question when dropping it you should be able get the axle in the center by replacing the arms with something shorter.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
As soon as I saw your pics I knew I’d seen you on Overland Bound.

That is me. I do a lot of off road exploring in my rig.. I just went over 190,000 miles with it and it is still going strong. The weather is starting to cool down here in Arizona so I am looking forward to this camping season coming up.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I guess this post needs an update... lol

This past year I installed 13 mm of sound / thermal insulation in all the side panels, doors, rear door and also the roof it drops the inside temperature at least 20 to 30 degrees when sitting in the Arizona sun. Combined with the tinted windows driving this is like riding around in a cave. The 13mm insulation is glass reinforced on one side and adhesive on the other and sticks really good to the sheet metal.
96579754_10158501357491738_5168039649406353408_o.jpg
This is the roof insulation. It is amazing how much cooler it is with the roof insulated the cross member sections are also sealed off.
20200726_154502.jpg

I added more storage space on both sides in the back. This is the shelf I made for the left side. It is mounted with two quick disconnect pins so it can be removed for access to the storage underneath. I made it out of 10 Gage aluminum with a carpet covering. You can also see my Co2 tank, magazine holders and Radios. Our 8 radios are encrypted so no one can listen in to our conversations. 20200806_164206.jpg

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
This is part of the load out I carry under the shelf I also have a weeks supply of food, water and stuff for sleeping.
20190426_163607.jpg

We also have 7 gallons of running water.
20190918_132117.jpeg
This is the right side storage area. We normally have down jackets or other seasonal gear and / or sleeping bags.

20200806_164148.jpg

This is what it looks like when camping. 270 degree awning full fold out kitchen and of course a blue changing washing or bath room set up outside. you can also see our bed with pillows from home in the back. It is almost glamping in this rig. 97579176_10158518425746738_914970356379287552_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne