Two seat Tahoe overlander build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08 Tahoe LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What part of AZ you in? Moving back to AZ from MN next month and I'd love to run into you sometime. Putting my 5" Rough Country lift on this weekend with kickers and 33s. Eliminating magnaride with resistors and new struts, coils in rear. Keeping auto ride for now until Bilsteins go in. BTW, did you ever fix your flares? I have the Bushwacker pocket flares and hated how they tapped on the sides in high winds or highway speeds. Ordered a hardware kit for cutout flares to switch cosmetic bolts for screws with spacers.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is me. I do a lot of off road exploring in my rig.. I just went over 190,000 miles with it and it is still going strong. The weather is starting to cool down here in Arizona so I am looking forward to this camping season coming up.
Nice digs!

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
What part of AZ you in? BTW, did you ever fix your flares? I have the Bushwacker pocket flares and hated how they tapped on the sides in high winds or highway speeds. Ordered a hardware kit for cutout flares to switch cosmetic bolts for screws with spacers.

I live about 80 miles north west of Phoenix just outside of Wickenburg.

I still have the Bushwacker flares, I am not sure when or if I will bother with them.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to see someone else has done a 2 seater build. I'm in the process of doing something similar with a Suburban, but without the offroad gear you've put on. Z71 is capable enough for now, especially since a vast majority of my miles will be on pavement.

I bet that full insulation is real nice. I'd like that but it's a little to involved for me, especially with the headliner removal - I'll have to settle for some down comforters.

Your bed platform is an interesting design - looks like you modified some heavy duty wire shelving. I'm going the more traditional 3/4 plywood route.

What flavor of AR is that?

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Great to see someone else has done a 2 seater build. I'm in the process of doing something similar with a Suburban, but without the offroad gear you've put on. Z71 is capable enough for now, especially since a vast majority of my miles will be on pavement.

I bet that full insulation is real nice. I'd like that but it's a little to involved for me, especially with the headliner removal - I'll have to settle for some down comforters.

Your bed platform is an interesting design - looks like you modified some heavy duty wire shelving. I'm going the more traditional 3/4 plywood route.

What flavor of AR is that?

It is a 6.5 Grendel.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That definitely packs a punch compared to my lowly 5.56! I saw some nice glass on there as well.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're curious what removing the seats saved you, it's probably 250+ lbs. I just weighed the seats we removed from our suburban and the 2nd row captains are 68 lbs each while the rear 2 part bench is 62 lbs per side.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're curious what removing the seats saved you, it's probably 250+ lbs. I just weighed the seats we removed from our suburban and the 2nd row captains are 68 lbs each while the rear 2 part bench is 62 lbs per side.
I had a similar discussion this morning with some overlanding folks about the weight saved by deleting the rear seat.