Tune Review - 5.3 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95gatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PROS: shifts are so much faster and firmer. In normal driving, when you step on the gas, it goes - no more delay or that sluggish feeling.
CONS: SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS A LONG TIME AGO!!!

WHERE/WHEN: In person tune, Atlanta metro area last week. 4/8/16
VEHICLE: 2000 Tahoe 5.3 auto 4x4 - 188k miles. Original motor/trans. 100% stock.
TIME IT TOOK: about 40-50 mins

SIMPLY SAID: it is like driving a totally different vehicle. The shifts around town are much firmer (not too firm, however) and there is no long "slip delay" like before. Throttle response has improved significantly. When you apply more throttle, the downshift actually happens and happens quicker, giving you the needed passing power.

I'm running 87 octane, and that's what I always want to run. I don't need PEAK HP/TQ ratings, I need normal driving improvements and that's EXACTLY what I got...!

Again, I am not certain about "peak HP/TQ", but I can say that for most of us using as daily drivers or light tow vehicles, the "driveability" is like night and day. You will notice an immediate difference, improvement, smile on your face.

EXTREMELY IMPRESSED. THANK YOU FELLA'S.

Thanks again to Justin and Jared. Good to chat w/yall about Chula Vista ---- my old stomping ground. Man it has changed a lot since I grew up there. Enjoy that new found humidity and $600 power bill :)

Brian - Suwanee, GA
(formerly: Chula Vista born & raised till my 20's and glad to be gone).

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your review Brian! Let us know if you need anything else....happy to help from your hometown of Chula Vista!

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear 95. That's exactly what I'm looking for. On the wait list for Somerset NJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518