Truck won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
My truck won't start and I'm not sure what the issue is. It's not the battery, all of the electronics work perfectly and I even tried jumping it with no luck. It sounds like the engine wants to turn over but it just needs a spark to get it going. Could it possibly be the spark plugs?

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
I'd check the plugs, or the coil packs.

Still have gas in it? :laughing1:

Reaction score
If it won't turn over at all, it be something like soleniod switch or maybe the starter, I'm not an auto mech, but I have had my share of problems like this.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
If it's the starter, usually there's just a click and then nothing else or you hear the starter spin but the motor doesn't actually crank

solenoid (possibility) but I wouldn't think the motor would turn over like it wants to start and just never does.

I'm stickin to my guns: plugs, plugs/wires, coil packs

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
starter plugs? lol didn't know there was suck a thing, the Spark Plugs are located on the each side of the engine block, follow your spark plug wires.

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
starter plugs? lol didn't know there was suck a thing, the Spark Plugs are located on the each side of the engine block, follow your spark plug wires.

I meant spark plugs.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

So the engine is turning over and not starting? Please clarify your post...I'm confused.

No, the engine is cranking like it wants to turn over but it's not.

I'm having the truck towed to my mechanic so we'll see what comes of that.

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have a remote starter in it?

sounds stupid but a lot of people have an issue witht e hood pin not functioning correctly and disabling the fuel pump because it thinks the hood is up. (or boosting it with the hood up and it'll never start because the remote start wont let it.)