Truck wont pass inspection - Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I agree Happyspaz and understand they are just trying to cover their ***** but their is no straight forward rule aganst blackouts.
What the laws says is that their should be nothing that interferes with the amount of light produced by the tails, headlight etc.
Also you can and will pass inspection in Texas as long as your tint is not darker than 20% in the front (tint from factory) or 25% in the front (aftermarket installed tint).

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20%? Cool. Glad they raised the limit. I haven't done inspections in about 5 years.

daxz1231

Reaction score
Gotta say thats why i love florida! haha no inspection EVER!

but then you also get the POS clunkers infront of you all the time so.....

inspection states have their up's and downs i guess lol.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Haha yeah they do, our advantage is we know if something is screwed up on the car like O2 sensors while yall don't.
Yeah happyspaz its 20% and 25%, funny think is how do they know whats aftermarket and not, and is dealer installed considered aftermaket?
I printed out the tint laws form the DPS website so when any ****** chases me down I have back up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One