Truck getting harder to start...wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mr45

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that will def. mess with the pressure....

Well, I've driven the truck around town a bit after I got done working today, and it's still doing it.

Guess I'll be cleaning the MAF and changing the plugs tomorrow.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I have this issue too sometimes....mostly though, while at the gas station, mine tries to start...turns over, then bogs out and dies...it does this once in a great while ...it takes about 2-3 times of starting for it to catch...very odd...

runs fine though...

MAF sensor and throttle body are dirty...

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea give both of them a clean and a run through. The K&N with its "Oil" filter sucks. I just cleaned my girlfriends 05 grand prix that had a K&N on it, i took that ***** out and put it up for sale. lol I put a new filter in and cleaned MAF and the throttle body, it started right up and ran sweet. (she had the same problem as Blizzard)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
can this be y i can be park level an i have 1/4 tank an it wont start

no, that has nothing to do with anything.. He means keeping more the 1/4 tank of gas in your truck cools the fuel pump and keeps it from getting hot. "preserving"

OP
OP
Mr45

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO...I've removed the MAF sensor 3 days ago, and hosed it down with MAF cleaner.

No dice, still long cranking time before it starts. It only seems to get worse over time.

Is there a way I can test the MAF? to see if it's the problem? I'm not getting any codes.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
did you clean the throttle body?? Also was this ever doing it before the K&N filter?

Hmm fuel pump possibly. what kind of plugs did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts