Trimmed power running boards to fit tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Escalade with OEM power running boards.
3/1.5 spacer lift 305/55/20 Duratracs

II know the running boards can be moved back but would rather cut them down. 'm trying to take the plastic off around the running boards so I can cut/trim them down for more clearance. I took the five screws at the ends out but I still can't see what else is holding it on. I started to pull up on top step pad that seems to held on by clips but two of the clips just broke off instead of popping out.

Has anyone done this or have any tips?

Thanks
Jim

OP
OP
J

jimw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TTT
I guess no one has tried this or not many people have the power running boards. I'm going to trim them and report back to you.
Thanks
Jim
2007 Escalade ESV
3/1.5" level
305/55/20 Duratracs
96R RBP wheels

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think many with the power boards have actually lifted theirs or if they did they did not try to fit as big a tire. Even though I did not have the power boards I still would have ditched them just like I did the stationary ones. Is removing them all together an option?? And please post some pics of your Escalade, I would really like to see one leveled with 305's. Thanks.

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
I know mine arnt power boards but I had mine cut flush with the truck. Can you just cut the ends? I don't know what material those are made out of so I don't know how good that would look though.

OP
OP
J

jimw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I woulld rather keep them. It's either cut them down or order some AMPs which doesn't make since if I can trim these down. I will post pics. Should be done by next week I hope. My wheels should be here Friday and I already have the tires.

I've tallked to my mechanic/friend and he said it shouldn't be a problem. We just have to figure out how to get the plastic off so we can cut down the metal step. If I have any rubbing on the fender well, I will also do the Large fender mod.http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/nor-cal-truck/69677-07-5-2010-hd-large-fender-mod-step-step-pics.html

Thanks for the input

OP
OP
J

jimw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
5940074984_fcdab7c071_z.jpg

Had to add a PA 3" body lift to be able to fit the tires.
Still have to trim a little

5940085266_7e5c0fb6e1.jpg

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know those end caps unscrew with 3 torx screws? You can uncap the board, trip the board, and recap it. That way it looks like you never cut it.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Love the esky! Why didn't you just pull the fuse to the power running boards so they just won't go down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts