Travel process from Texas to central Ohio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kernss

Reaction score
So I received confirmation out Tahoe was built last Monday. This morning I received an email and voicemail from Chevy customer service that our Tahoe was in transit via rail in Illinois. Where is it dropped from the rail and loaded on a truck for delivery to the dealership? Was wondering the process for delivery if anyone can help? Thanks!

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, good for you… but this proves that those of us with trucks waiting for months in Midlothian are getting shafted.

Sorry I hijacked your thread, hope u get your anwser.

mep0716

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would you mind providing the name and number of the person that called you? My Tahoe was produced on 5/13 and no one knows anything about a possible ship date (I am in Illinois), including my dealer. I called Chevy Customer Care today, got disconnected while on hold and despite asking for my number, never called me back.

OP
OP
K

kernss

Reaction score
Would you mind providing the name and number of the person that called you? My Tahoe was produced on 5/13 and no one knows anything about a possible ship date (I am in Illinois), including my dealer. I called Chevy Customer Care today, got disconnected while on hold and despite asking for my number, never called me back.
The name of the person that left the message was Tonyaand the number rang in unknown. she didn’t leave a callback number.

OP
OP
K

kernss

Reaction score
Wow, good for you… but this proves that those of us with trucks waiting for months in Midlothian are getting shafted.

Sorry I hijacked your thread, hope u get your anwser.
I agree! Chevy has really dropped the ball.

OP
OP
K

kernss

Reaction score
Dealer checked vin view and it is showing an eta of 6/11. He wasn’t able to give me anything else.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may help: https://aar.com/standards/pdfs/2021 AAR Terminal Guide January 2021.pdf

If I had to guess using that PDF, it'll be dropped off at 200 Crescentville Road West Cincinnati, OH 45246 or 2188 Lyntz Townline Rd Warren, OH 44481 (edit due to the fact i missed the 2nd page for Ohio).

However, all vehicles leaving the Arlington, TX plant are shipped on rail via Union Pacific. The above addresses only unload GM vehicles on CSX. So either its gets transferred from UP to CSX or something else.

OP
OP
K

kernss

Reaction score
Latest update is the vehicle in in route to west Chester Ohio.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts