Transmission ID Help: Manufacturing Date or Model Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aeterna

Reaction score
I have a 2007 z71 4x4 tahoe with a 4l60e. I have 174k miles on this thing and it drives like new which leads me to believe the transmission has been replaced before I bought it with 150ish miles a few months back.

Now getting to the point, my truck was assembled in Arlington December of 2006 (according to door sticker). I just got a wild hair and checked the code stamped on my transmission which appears this code translates to the 332 day of 2007 but I could be wrong. I might be interpreting this wrong and the year listed in the transmission code is actually for the MODEL YEAR instead of the MANUFACTURING DATE?

I would imagine someone on here knows the answer to this?

the Code is 7KLD332W 45155776 (THE FOURTH DIGIT MIGHT BE A 0 BUT I BELIEVE IT IS A "D")

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 z71 4x4 tahoe with a 4l60e. I have 174k miles on this thing and it drives like new which leads me to believe the transmission has been replaced before I bought it with 150ish miles a few months back.

Now getting to the point, my truck was assembled in Arlington December of 2006 (according to door sticker). I just got a wild hair and checked the code stamped on my transmission which appears this code translates to the 332 day of 2007 but I could be wrong. I might be interpreting this wrong and the year listed in the transmission code is actually for the MODEL YEAR instead of the MANUFACTURING DATE?

I would imagine someone on here knows the answer to this?

the Code is 7KLD332W 45155776 (THE FOURTH DIGIT MIGHT BE A 0 BUT I BELIEVE IT IS A "D")

Can you take a photo of it? Also, the date the frame was made is on those big stickers on each side of the frame.

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Can you take a photo of it? Also, the date the frame was made is on those big stickers on each side of the frame.

take a photo of the transmission? Right now this is the only photo I have. What frame stickers are you referring to, I guess I am confused by “frame” what are you referring to?

613462D6-E7E1-4505-9A8C-E676F12A321A.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
I dont have those anymore, but my Tahoe was built in December of 06

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking that or someone dropped in a core rebuild. I really wanted to see if anyone knew definitively that the date code on the transmission is the build date and not model year. The carfax doesnt show any transmission replacement which makes me think this was a core rebuild and someone personally installed it or did something under the table.

Thanks Everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076