Transmission heeelllllllpppppp! Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maine

Maine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well to everyone whom helped me diagnose ( or guess) what the problem was with my H@3 the transmission was Done! I got it to transmission shop this morning and they called me and stated that it did grenade itself. So I’m purchasing a remanufactured one to replace the old one. Fully upgraded with all or more of upgrades everyone was informing to put in it, and with an amazing warranty. Should be riding high in the saddle again soon. Again thanks all who assisted with my dilemma.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maine

Maine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its your tranny, at first at was going to say cable, then I saw no 2nd and r. Weird you dont have park. It does fit these 2 symptoms though.

Common 4l60e failures

7. Sudden grinding noise with no prior warning primarily in 2nd gear, behavior in reverse may be abnormal; sunshell is fractured. R&R. Try not to run or drive the car or further damage could result.

8. 1st and 3rd only, no 2,4 or R; sunshell is fractured or splines are sheared off. R&R. Try not to run or drive the car or further damage could result.

Number 8 is a classic one. Happened to me at 160/80k cant remember exactly, how many miles on it? Just curious
200, + and stillll goin!!! Trans shop said it basically blew up inside , metal everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n