transmission fluid??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dans99

Reaction score
New guy here, just got my first hoe and I am doing all the tune-up/fluid changes. (all ac-delco parts) My question is i want to change the tranny fluid but wanted to see what is the best non-synthetic/dex6 fluid to use was?

ChevyManDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been using Mobil Dextron VI ATF in my 96 for the past 3 yrs...so far so good. It is the orig. tranny with 166k on it.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i just got a remanufactured tranny and they used DEXRON III. and AUTO-TRAC II in my t-case. hope this helps, and welcome to the forum! slap a pic up!

OP
OP
D

dans99

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I dont have any pics yet but will shortly. should I stay with GM dex3 or someother brand of dex3 like pensoil, castrol, valveoline, wal-mart brand?

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes to Dexron VI they are virtually all the same thanks to GM controlling the formulation, so there is very little difference between any of the brands. Dexron IIIH is obsolete, Dexron VI is backward compatible and contrary to popular belief IS NOT required to be synthetic.

The only ATF that will be different are the 100% synthetic's like AMSOIL.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv