Transmission Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so Dexron VI is the correct one for the 2ml70 transmission?
that is what it says on the dip stick

look like who ever changed it short changed the fluid level I don't see any silver glitter stuff in the fluid. and still is light pink in color

no puddles are present on the ground.

the temp has never gone over 175F did i dodge a bullet? it is below the cold line and two dots with the engine on in park (found a nice level surface)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Probably has slight seepage somewhere, aybe even between the transfer case and the transmission. How many miles on that fluid? Have you looked for leaks under the rig?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably has slight seepage somewhere, aybe even between the transfer case and the transmission. How many miles on that fluid? Have you looked for leaks under the rig?
with amount not shown on the stick it would have been on the ground it's like ½-1qt low?

but I did check it now, the large transmission oil pan is dry
it's 2WD

it's not the original dip stick (it does not like like the one in the user manual)

the owners manual claims it looks exactly like the one in the photoCaptu55re.JPG

@dnt1010 if you can snap a photo of your transmission dipstick on a measuring tape and i'll use it to etch my dip stick by hand LOL... got some transmission fluid at Chevron as everywhere else was SOLD out. picked up a couple of QT

Last edited:

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual is not always correct. On my old Corvette, I found quite a few errors in the manual, including some torque specs.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual is not always correct. On my old Corvette, I found quite a few errors in the manual, including some torque specs.
that is directly from the hybrid manual first year model built jan08

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upon further research it's the correct dipstick

looks like GM had a short run on that part number and put a new number
24253317 old 25926401(newer)

So how do i correctly fill it? I'm not getting any readings on the reading holes on the dip stick

does this mean it's low?

Last edited:

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
upon further research it's the correct dipstick

looks like GM had a short run on that part number and put a new number
24253317 old 25926401(newer)

So how do i correctly fill it? I'm not getting any readings on the reading holes on the dip stick

does this mean it's low?
I dont know didly squat about hybrids but i wouldnt worry at all about being low on the dip stick. Im guessing that your trans holds approx 13 qts total so your ok, Simply park it on level ground, idling in park at op temp and add to the middle of the cross hatch area. above you posted that the "large transmission oil pan is dry" what do you mean?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know didly squat about hybrids but i wouldnt worry at all about being low on the dip stick. Im guessing that your trans holds approx 13 qts total so your ok, Simply park it on level ground, idling in park at op temp and add to the middle of the cross hatch area. above you posted that the "large transmission oil pan is dry" what do you mean?
dry as in no leaks.