Transmission fluid and filter recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
FWIW, I plan to change fluid and filter sometime this year so this thread got me in gear to get the stuff and have it ready. Figured I would give the dealer a chance to provide the fluid... nope. They will only sell me a 275 gallon bulk tote... said they can't even sell small quantities. Which begs the question, where does everyone get the quarts and gallons? He told me to just go buy ATF at the auto parts store.
The hell fluid are they trying to sell you in that quantity??? That's a pallet with a huge bucket of fluid on top. That's multiple barrels full???? I'm just curious because they'll typically stock fluids on hand, unless you're asking for something specific, in which case perhaps their only option is to order it from their bulk supplier, hence the large quantity?

Whew

Here's what I use.
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...c-automatic-transmission-fluid/?code=ATFQT-EA

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
FWIW, I plan to change fluid and filter sometime this year so this thread got me in gear to get the stuff and have it ready. Figured I would give the dealer a chance to provide the fluid... nope. They will only sell me a 275 gallon bulk tote... said they can't even sell small quantities. Which begs the question, where does everyone get the quarts and gallons? He told me to just go buy ATF at the auto parts store.

Amazon

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hell fluid are they trying to sell you in that quantity??? That's a pallet with a huge bucket of fluid on top. That's multiple barrels full???? I'm just curious because they'll typically stock fluids on hand, unless you're asking for something specific, in which case perhaps their only option is to order it from their bulk supplier, hence the large quantity?

Whew

Here's what I use.
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...c-automatic-transmission-fluid/?code=ATFQT-EA
AC Delco Dexron-VI synthetic. They said the only thing they can sell me is what they carry for the shop and apparently they get theirs in a 275 gallon tote. It's literally a 275 gallon square tank inside a metal protective basket sitting on a pallet.
I saw some on there pretty cheap... just wish I could get it in gallons cheaper... hate messing with quarts, especially since I plan to flush so I'll use a good bit.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
AC Delco Dexron-VI synthetic. They said the only thing they can sell me is what they carry for the shop and apparently they get theirs in a 275 gallon tote. It's literally a 275 gallon square tank inside a metal protective basket sitting on a pallet.

I saw some on there pretty cheap... just wish I could get it in gallons cheaper... hate messing with quarts, especially since I plan to flush so I'll use a good bit.

I bought 4 gallon jugs from Amazon.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep watching. Move changes prices about 4 times from when I put it in my cart to when I finally bought it.
Yeah, the quarts of ACD Dex-VI Synthetic I put in my cart at $4 ea are now gone... bummer... hope they come back again... I should've just bought them because I knew it was a really good price.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Maybe Amazon is playing us on price... I'm seeing $41 per gallon which is over $10/qt... 2-1/2 times the price I mentioned...

It changed again since this morning by about $10. Regardless, my conversion /math game was a bit (way) off this morning. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442