Transmission cooler lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landonz

Reaction score
I have a small leak on my 2013 chevy tahoe, passenger side, not quite big enough to leave a spot on driveway yet but it does drip off transcooler line, rolls off black casing (sorry I’m still trying to learn all the part names) and sits on top of metal skid plate. Wanted to get a second opinion on this? Are you guys thinking its transmission cooler lines also? Hard to see up in there from down below to see exactly where its coming out of. Based off the color it Looks like transmission fluid when i wipe it off, but when I’m not shining the light on it, it almost looks orange. (Like color of the coolant) Any help is appreciated.33DDD4F1-30AF-4240-9BD0-95BE205D1F70.jpeg

Last edited:

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this on the driver's or passenger's side ???

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small leak on my 2013 chevy tahoe, passenger side, not quite big enough to leave a spot on driveway yet but it does drip off transcooler line, rolls off black casing (sorry I’m still trying to learn all the part names) and sits on top of metal skid plate. Wanted to get a second opinion on this? Are you guys thinking its transmission cooler lines also? Hard to see up in there from down below to see exactly where its coming out of. Based off the color it Looks like transmission fluid when i wipe it off, but when I’m not shining the light on it, it almost looks orange. (Like color of the coolant) Any help is appreciated.View attachment 363377
That could have dripped down from the coolant reservoir or a coolant line. Does it feel like water or oil? What does it taste like?

OP
OP
L

Landonz

Reaction score
That could have dripped down from the coolant reservoir or a coolant line. Does it feel like water or oil? What does it taste like?
I’m almost thinking its the water pump starting to leak a little. Tahoe only has 60k on it though. After a little more research, it seems its more of a orange color then atf red. Maybe coming out of weep hole? Ran hand over all coolant hoses, didnt feel any leaks or feel any cuts or whatnot.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m almost thinking its the water pump starting to leak a little. Tahoe only has 60k on it though. After a little more research, it seems its more of a orange color then atf red. Maybe coming out of weep hole? Ran hand over all coolant hoses, didnt feel any leaks or feel any cuts or whatnot.
to check that weep hole you need one of those little telescopic mirrors they sell at the autoparts store and a flashlight, then you can angle it under the water pump and shine the flashlight and be able to see up under the pulley where the weep hole is. otherwise it's pretty hard to get a good look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA