Transfer case swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rican4lfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an electronic transfer swith in my hoe and a manual in a scrap kon is it worth it to swap them??? I do not like or trust the electronic. How much work is involve, step by step ; is it even possible without breaking thebank

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your current setup is working fine, I wouldn't bother. The electronic cases are decently reliable if properly maintained, Mine has 130K on it, and it still shifts ranges just fine. I would say save your money for other things.

OP
OP
rican4lfe

rican4lfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now my electronic one you can hear it activate but will not engage. Bad actuator??? Not enough fluid???? Do not know and when it comes tothings likke it i am dumb!!

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha alright well I would not be thinking about doing a swap like that then if I didn't have too much experience with this stuff. What are you trying to engage? 4wd? or 4lo? I would check the fluid anyways, on both the front differential and the t-case, just tho be safe. You don't want to burn either of those up.

OP
OP
rican4lfe

rican4lfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both just got new fluid and change transfer case too just to be in the safe side will be testing in a few. All three liquids look pretty nasty and both diff were low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez