Tranny problemsIt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been researching this for the past week, found some things related but nothing exactly like my problem. This popped up around early December, I was driving around for a bit then stopped in a parking lot real quick and when I put it back in drive I didn’t feel anything. Stepped on the gas and it felt like it was still in neutral then It grabbed but shifted fine afterwards and didn’t have a problem again, Until about a week ago I was coming to a stop and around 3-4mph it felt like the trans went into neutral, and replicated what happened back in December. This seems to only happen after I’ve been driving for a while on the highway. Checked the fluid level and it’s perfect, but it is a dark red. I don’t see any metal shavings in the fluid, and it doesn’t smell burnt. Anyone have any ideas? I’m thinking it’s an electronic/pressure related issue. I have 266k miles on the trans but it was rebuilt before I bought it. Not sure the exact mileage it was rebuilt at but pretty sure it was after the 200k mark.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this may not be your problem but you can try changing the maf (mass airflow sensor) "on the intake" if possible just grab a used one from a junkyard and swap it out. if that sensor is not working properly it can affect the transmission shifting. normally you would have accompanying symptoms like rough idle or hard acceleration etc but not always.

anyway it's just something to check out, may not be the problem so I wouldn't run out and buy a new one if there is a used one available to try first.
this just from my experience.

it could also be something as simple as a lazy shift solenoid, you may want to take it by a transmission shop and have them check it out

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this may not be your problem but you can try changing the maf (mass airflow sensor) "on the intake" if possible just grab a used one from a junkyard and swap it out. if that sensor is not working properly it can affect the transmission shifting. normally you would have accompanying symptoms like rough idle or hard acceleration etc but not always.

anyway it's just something to check out, may not be the problem so I wouldn't run out and buy a new one if there is a used one available to try first.
this just from my experience.

it could also be something as simple as a lazy shift solenoid, you may want to take it by a transmission shop and have them check it out
I did read something about A and B shift solenoids, And common issues with solenoid b was similar to my problem. What about the fluid, I don’t know the exact mileage of the rebuild so it could be higher than I think, but fluid isn’t black, doesn’t smell burnt and there are no metal flakes. Safe to change (not flush) trans fluid and filter?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did read something about A and B shift solenoids, And common issues with solenoid b was similar to my problem. What about the fluid, I don’t know the exact mileage of the rebuild so it could be higher than I think, but fluid isn’t black, doesn’t smell burnt and there are no metal flakes. Safe to change (not flush) trans fluid and filter?
if one of the solenoids is suspect then the pan has to dropped so a fluid change would be needed at that point anyway

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon