Tranny overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took my truck to a local tranny shop for service. It has 112,000 miles on it. I watch the tech drop the pan and after he dumps the rest of the fluid out, he starts walking into the office with the pan. Bad news on the way! He shows me the pan and the magnet looks like a sand dollar, and I see metal in the fluid stuck to the pan. He recommends an overhaul and a billet TC. Since I'm moving from Southern Cali to Northeastern Missouri I agree. I ask about the B&M Deep pan and he he'll put it in but doesn't like the Allen bolts that come with it. Has anyone installed any other deep pan?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the allen bolts.. I have them in my 6L80E, 4L60E, 700R4...
Yes, they take an extra 3 minutes total .. But the heads are made for the
cast alum oil pan.. I'm not sure how you could use anything else

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I took my truck to a local tranny shop for service. It has 112,000 miles on it. I watch the tech drop the pan and after he dumps the rest of the fluid out, he starts walking into the office with the pan. Bad news on the way! He shows me the pan and the magnet looks like a sand dollar, and I see metal in the fluid stuck to the pan. He recommends an overhaul and a billet TC. Since I'm moving from Southern Cali to Northeastern Missouri I agree. I ask about the B&M Deep pan and he he'll put it in but doesn't like the Allen bolts that come with it. Has anyone installed any other deep pan?
Was there something wrong with the way the transmission was performing? Not unusual to see metal fuzz on the magnets.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

Congrats on the relocation! I think it is time to move my family out of california too, At least your overcoming the hassle before the road trip. If the debris was significant confirm the shop will flush/replace the radiator/trans cooler to confirm all residual metal is eliminated from the cooling circuit. Hang in there.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

metallic-particles-on-transmission-magnet-1024x721.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts