Trailer cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. In our Trailer Section we have this section. Trailer cameras. Judging by the picture, these are cameras that are installed on the sides of the trailer for monitoring or maneuvering. But I didn't find any information in the accessories. Does anyone know how to use this section?

Attachments

• photo1707241376.jpeg
    photo1707241376.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 5

Alessandrolomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi mate! As far as I know, a lot of folks use this car to pull a trailer, so your car probably has this trailer option. I can't tell exactly what your picture is showing, though. But I reckon places that sell trailers and RVs would know a thing or two about these camera systems and how they fit onto different trailers. They could probably help you figure it out.

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi mate! As far as I know, a lot of folks use this car to pull a trailer, so your car probably has this trailer option. I can't tell exactly what your picture is showing, though. But I reckon places that sell trailers and RVs would know a thing or two about these camera systems and how they fit onto different trailers. They could probably help you figure it out.
Unfortunately, trailer sellers don’t know anything about this, this is the Car section. Here it is listed in the Yukon Guide. At the same time, the section about cameras is generally empty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_17.png
    Screenshot_17.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_18.png
    Screenshot_18.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 4

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the Enhanced Trailering Tech pkg (ZM1) - then just above your 7-Way connector you'll have two inputs for cameras. Like this -

1707407881913.png

The camera is available through Chevy/GMC accessories and looks like this - https://www.shopchevyparts.com/elec...mera-models-with-zm1/86584184-p-92317975.html

If you don't have the ZM1 package, then you won't have those inputs and the feature can not be utilized on your Yukon.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. In our Trailer Section we have this section. Trailer cameras. Judging by the picture, these are cameras that are installed on the sides of the trailer for monitoring or maneuvering. But I didn't find any information in the accessories. Does anyone know how to use this section?
The 2 camera options are 1 for the rear of the trailer to see when backing up and 2 to see inside the trailer while driving down the highway to make sure the load is secure. Of course you can probably mount these cameras anywhere on the trailer.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the Enhanced Trailering Tech pkg (ZM1) - then just above your 7-Way connector you'll have two inputs for cameras. Like this -

View attachment 421033

The camera is available through Chevy/GMC accessories and looks like this - https://www.shopchevyparts.com/elec...mera-models-with-zm1/86584184-p-92317975.html

If you don't have the ZM1 package, then you won't have those inputs and the feature can not be utilized on your Yukon.
What year Yukon is that off of? I have a 2022 with the Enhance Trailer Package but I don't have those inputs above the 7 pin.

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 camera options are 1 for the rear of the trailer to see when backing up and 2 to see inside the trailer while driving down the highway to make sure the load is secure. Of course you can probably mount these cameras anywhere on the trailer.
What kind of cameras are these? :) how to find them and where to connect them? I don't have such connectors)

mplunk

Reaction score
They can be purchased from GM i believe. My Escalade with the Trailering Technology package came with them in a box in the back. Have never used them as I don't tow enclosed trailers but the idea seems pretty cool

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of cameras are these? :) how to find them and where to connect them? I don't have such connectors)
They are a GM Accessory. I am pretty sure this is the camera but there are also other options on the accessories website. Can probably find them cheaper on Ebay, etc.

No sure why the link says site maintanence but that link goes to GM's accessory page and links to one of the camera options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019