Traded a 2015 Denali for a 2015i Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good... Those seats look like they're gonna be a pain to keep clean! Can't understand why GM designed those crappy "All Weather" mats! I was insulted at the assumption that I would pay for them. [END RANT]

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on! Nice ride. I like the darker gray on the 22" rims. I wish they did them in gun metal gray. I have about 1.5k on my 15i Denali and getting about 12 m/g city driving. My old 02' Z71 gets about 11 m/g. My wife has a lead foot!

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on! Nice ride. I like the darker gray on the 22" rims. I wish they did them in gun metal gray. I have about 1.5k on my 15i Denali and getting about 12 m/g city driving. My old 02' Z71 gets about 11 m/g. My wife has a lead foot!
Is a rough city or normal because 12 is very low man.
[emoji19]

OP
OP
cfoote

cfoote

Reaction score
Looks good... Those seats look like they're gonna be a pain to keep clean! Can't understand why GM designed those crappy "All Weather" mats! I was insulted at the assumption that I would pay for them. [END RANT]

Thanks, the seats will be easy to clean with Lexol. Been using that brand for over 20 years. if it could keep white leather clean and conditioned back then this should be a walk in the park. I agree with you on the floor mats. I made them throw them in the deal. Weathertech dont have the ones that match my interior yet.

NOVA99

Reaction score
Back to the subject line. Just did the same thing. Had 2015 Denali...now 2015i Denali XL. The differences are amazing. Ride quality and transmission are vastly superior in the 2015i XL.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the subject line. Just did the same thing. Had 2015 Denali...now 2015i Denali XL. The differences are amazing. Ride quality and transmission are vastly superior in the 2015i XL.

What's the difference in the ride quality?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just check the guys who have transmission swapped already on the 2015i, good luck with this, my idea is wait for 2016 and will do trade for.
[emoji19]

NOVA99

Reaction score

The ride is much more controlled/confident or not as jittery. Same wheels & tires. I suspect it is the longer wheelbase of the XL vs. Standard but cannot confirm because this is the first XL we have owned. My wife is primary driver and usually never mentions anything but she actually brought it up. The steering is more accurate and lighter as well. I had a very early 2015 and the transmission was clunky, throttle response was sluggish, magnetic ride suspension was very jittery, and I had the issue with the passenger upper dash indentation that was posted earlier. All of these things have been resolved with the upgrade from 2015d to 2015i. I was very disappointed in the first unit, I have actually grown to like to the new 2015i Denali XL. Appears not much new for 2016 either per some of the posts that have popped up now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog