Traction control reversal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Bumble

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wandering if anyone has reversed the traction control button function. Normal is push the button to turn it off. Is it possible to make it so normal is off and push button to turn on?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this question on many different vehicle boards over the years.. for domestic cars the answer is always no. you'd need to be able to adjust the settings in either the body control module or the abs/tc module. something that's just never cracked on American cars..

import cars are a different story, they have access to software to tune all kinds of stuff. my buddy with a vw and the amount of stuff they can adjust, tune or just rewrite the code to do is amazing. anywhere from abs settings, traction controls, active handling. it's all from a simple cheap phone app. some of the the stuff they have rewritten code wise, things like you can't start the car without pushing the clutch peddle in, now clutch has to be out, tranny in neutral and a button on the steering wheel pushed. it's a anti theft they come up with.

they are currently using the emission to control a nitrous setup, so that it can automatically adjust fueling based on real time bottle pressure using egr sensor.

it's ridiculously good and makes me sad anytime someone asks on a domestic forum all they get is you can't touch anything other than engine tuning or you'll crash and die.

blah

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wandering if anyone has reversed the traction control button function. Normal is push the button to turn it off. Is it possible to make it so normal is off and push button to turn on?
theoretically yes but you would need to wire in a micro switch like the ones that are used for video in motion on car stereo's
all it would do is basically push the switch for you when power is applied, the question is though is if the micro switch only operates in that fashion with a power cycle and not always. so you could manually turn it back on by pressing the button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019