Traction control identified by tow hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was posting in the thinking of buying thread after reading this autotrader page,

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2000-2006-chevrolet-tahoe-used-car-review-80731

and 8 paragraphs down is this ...

"Two-wheel-drive models offer a Traction package that includes traction control, a locking differential and tow hooks.

Model milestones"

Does anyone know if traction control and tow hooks were only part of a package? I am searching for a vehicle without it, and to be able to identify traction control by tow hooks would be a HUGE BENEFIT..

All I get is
NW7 TRACTION CONTROL - ELECTRONIC
NW9 TRACTION CONTORL - ELECTORNIC
Not sure if that would mean package or not. I don't think there is an individual code for tow hooks, but G80 does have its own code.

https://www.cars.com/research/chevrolet-tahoe-2000/specs/
Traction Package
$485 MSRP
Traction Assist
Locking Differential
Recovery Hooks

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like part of that package but I’m sure others have hooks too. My awd has hooks.

OP
OP
A

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like part of that package but I’m sure others have hooks too. My awd has hooks.
that's what I want to figure out. I'm thinking if there is no RPO code specifically for tow hooks (just in general), then it MUST be part of a package.

OP
OP
A

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • I did find this, but this wasn't even listed for this model. So that opens up that NBS could have had the individually.
  • SDA - Accessory – Tow Hooks
  • V76 - Hook – Tow
  • Search Continues.

OP
OP
A

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was referring to it as a 2wd package. Not sure how they came up with that though..

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tow hooks on mine. 4wd no traction control. Just in board of the fog lights. I was under the impression most vecles had some form of them for tow trucks. Don't think I've ever had a car without em
I didn't even know I had a ''Locking Differential'' until I dug out the Original window sticker I got with the truck ('00 Tahoe) There is a Plastic Tag where the Fill Plug is that will say to use Synthetic Fluid Only. There is also a code on that sticker in the glove box that specifies what Differential you have.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
  • I did find this, but this wasn't even listed for this model. So that opens up that NBS could have had the individually.
  • SDA - Accessory – Tow Hooks
  • V76 - Hook – Tow
  • Search Continues.

My 06 Z71 has V76.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2006 AWD Denali has traction control and RPO code V76 front recovery hooks. I unhooked my truck when I went with my Denali down under grille since it doesn’t have the slots in the lower piece for the hooks. But it had them as a factory option. I know that doesn’t answer your question but I’d think it could be a stand alone accessory on a vehicle or as a package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9