TPW 4/11… let’s see what everyone else that is waiting is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slade45

Reaction score
I heard from my dealer last night - he contacted GM and I guess there was a brief chip shortage and some trucks got put on hold (aka went to Midlothian). Sounds like they got the chips in and should start shipping again this week. Won't hold my breath though!!

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
Ordered my Tahoe RST (6.2L, magnetic ride, Luxury Package, panoramic sunroof, sliding console, 2nd row captains chair) on 10/8/21, ordered accepted 4/23, and finally scheduled for TPW of 5/16/22. 29 weeks from ordered to production.

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
I placed my order on 3/7/22 and GM accepted my order today. RST with 6.2, panoramic sunroof and a few extras. How long does it take to get your TPW once GM accepts the order?
Less than a week. Same RST, with SPP (6.2L +mag ride) However I ordered mine 10/8/21 and it was accepted 4/24/22 and scheduled 4/28 for a TPW of 5/16/22.

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard from my dealer last night - he contacted GM and I guess there was a brief chip shortage and some trucks got put on hold (aka went to Midlothian). Sounds like they got the chips in and should start shipping again this week. Won't hold my breath thoug

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you explain what being in midlothian means. My tracking shows the rst I ordered has been there since 04/10.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what being in midlothian means. My tracking shows the rst I ordered has been there since 04/10.
We don’t actually know. There is another post called Midlothian to Possession that I created because I amone of the unlucky ones who’s had her Yukon there since 04/12…no explanation, no ETA…nada…

Last edited:

AZYukonXLDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered 2 Yukons yesterday.
1- Yukon SLT with captains chairs, 5.2L motor
2- Yukon XL Denali with captain chairs, diesel, GMC Lighting

I was told that the diesel, captains chairs and lighting would delay the builds so I'm hoping to get the Yukon first, drive it for 4-6k miles while the XL is being built then sell it when the XL is ready. Let the long wait begin!

slade45

Reaction score

My understanding is that it is for "built-shy" vehicles that are on a "chip hold." Basically the vehicles are built but missing a chip (or many) to enable some key feature (like heated seats, parking sensors, etc.). So they'll sit at Midlothian until the chips can get installed, then they get shipped. This is based on what I've read from others experiences and not anything I've read from GM.

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. This is infuriating to say the least. I feel like by the time we get our 22's people will be driving the 23 year model. We are contemplating putting in an order for a 23 when it opens up and seeing which one we get first at this point.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. This is infuriating to say the least. I feel like by the time we get our 22's people will be driving the 23 year model. We are contemplating putting in an order for a 23 when it opens up and seeing which one we get first at this point.
That'd be my move. And with a different outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2