TPMS not accurate. How to recalibrate???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20Tahoe21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Tahoe RST tire pressure monitoring system ls not accurate. It reads about 3 to 4 psi less than actual pressure measured with 3 different gauges. The 3 gauges are all within one half psi of each other. All 4 tires are off by the same 3 to 4 psi. Is there a way I can recalibrate this myself? I get an On Star email every day saying my tires are under inflated and they are not.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Tahoe RST tire pressure monitoring system ls not accurate. It reads about 3 to 4 psi less than actual pressure measured with 3 different gauges. The 3 gauges are all within one half psi of each other. All 4 tires are off by the same 3 to 4 psi. Is there a way I can recalibrate this myself? I get an On Star email every day saying my tires are under inflated and they are not.
I reckon that the module would need to be either re-programmed or replaced. Why don't you sneak around back and ask the techs at your local dealership? That's what I do.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a warranty issue. Take it to the dealership and have them all replaced. This is nothing new for GM lately. Many of the parts coming in from GM's vendors during this pandemic are failing or not working as they should.

Reaction score
Are you cross-checking these pressure numbers immediately after adding air to the tires? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the TPMS does not instantly update after adding/removing air from the tires and that the vehicle must be driven a short distance before it's updated. Personally, I add the air based on my hand-held TP gauge then drive it a few miles then check the the TPMS values the next day before I drive it to see how close they are. They have always matched or been within 1 psi for me. Just something to check before you jump through hoops with a dealer over this.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you cross-checking these pressure numbers immediately after adding air to the tires? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the TPMS does not instantly update after adding/removing air from the tires and that the vehicle must be driven a short distance before it's updated. Personally, I add the air based on my hand-held TP gauge then drive it a few miles then check the the TPMS values the next day before I drive it to see how close they are. They have always matched or been within 1 psi for me. Just something to check before you jump through hoops with a dealer over this.
This! ^^^^ On mine, they often take more than a few minutes to talk to the truck's computer, especially when it has been shut off and the sensors gone to sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy