TPMS Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe XL

Reaction score
I guess this is the right place. Not exactly wheels but info on the install.
OK Here goes, My problem was getting new rims w/o the TPMS ,adding tires and the sensors. I had a quote of $175.- each sensor installed (I won't be paying that!) Can I buy the sensors ,install them myself on the rims and then have the tires mounted. I have no idea how theses are mounted to the rim itself and programming them is easy enough. I'm looking to get Ballistic 811 chrome rims:
Paying $700.- for 4 sensors installed sounds like robbery to me.:emotions122:

First post on the new site. I've had it with checking on the other forum to see if it's back up:Handshake:

Attachments

• ballistic.jpg
    ballistic.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensors just bolt in place of the valve stem. Any shop doing the tires should put the sensors in at no additional labor. At my shop the only additional thing we would charge you would be .4
(4 tenths of a hour) ($32.80) to reprogram the sensors to the truck.

Redline5004

Reaction score
Just be careful with low profile tires. I have 285/35 22's and thee's the greater chance of breking them. Had 305/45's before and were ok.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe XL

Yukon Joe XL

Reaction score
Right. I'm looking more at 20" tires than low profile. I want to keep the smooth ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One