TPMS help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may be the incorrect one for you truck or a bad sensor.

tx01tahoe

Reaction score
If you replaced the sensor, you need to have it programmed somewhere like a tire shop or the dealer. It won't just automatically learn. If you haven't changed any of them out, it is probably just a dead sensor. I work at discount tire and see this happen all the time.

GrandAdmiral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you replaced the sensor, you need to have it programmed somewhere like a tire shop or the dealer. It won't just automatically learn. If you haven't changed any of them out, it is probably just a dead sensor. I work at discount tire and see this happen all the time.

Ok. Never heard of this. I went through the re-learning instructions. Guess I will have to give a tire shop a call.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Never heard of this. I went through the re-learning instructions. Guess I will have to give a tire shop a call.

Just go to a Mavis or Sears Car Center and they will "zap it". I had a dead sensor, bought a new one but then the shop hooked up a small machine and got it working in about 30 seconds. Didnt even charge me but I through him 10 bucks.......

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does this relearning/programming process work? I have a new set of SS wheels that I plan on installing soon. I would like to be informed so i don't get a screw job. Local shops seem to want around $100 per sensor so I want to buy a set on eBay. Any tips on what to buy?

nicegy31

Reaction score
Hey make sure you bought the right sensor. I was having the same issue i bought 4 sensors and had a tire shop install them. After 2 tries I was able to do the relearning process and now I am happy the sign on my dash is off..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts