TPMS and Torque app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no sensor on the GMT800 platform for oil temperature, but you can get oil pressure. It is PID 22115c. The generally quoted formula is A*0.578, but I developed my own of 0.6*(A-27) which seems to agree better with my Tech2. "Auto" works well for the header for this one.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I'm just hoping you are still here. How did you search for the PID's? I'm trying to add these to my T1 Silverado, but the PIDs you have don't seem to give me data. It will occasionally give me 255 or 0. I also tried removing the header and leaving it at auto. That didn't seem to help either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_093458_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_093458_Torque.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I'm just hoping you are still here. How did you search for the PID's? I'm trying to add these to my T1 Silverado, but the PIDs you have don't seem to give me data. It will occasionally give me 255 or 0. I also tried removing the header and leaving it at auto. That didn't seem to help either.
Still here, but I don't play around with PIDs so much these days. I have figured out most of the ones I wanted for the Tahoe. I drive a 2021 Escalade most of the time now and most of those PIDs don't work on it. GM has changed them in the newer CANBUS and Global-B protocols.

I figured out many of those PIDs by capturing the data stream between my Tahoe and Tech 2 while scanning the things I was interested in. Then I combed through the data and tested parameters by trial and error until I found the PID I was interested in. In some cases it also required working out the proper header info as well, if it was from a different module other than the ECM (for instance, the tire pressure data is, if I remember correctly, requested from the instrument cluster). GM has moved to a new diagnostic scanner since then and the technique that I used on the Tahoe with the Tech 2 doesn't work on the newer vehicles, so I never figured out the PIDs for those things on my Escalade.

It was complicated enough in the 2005 models, but the newer vehicles have so much going on that, frankly, I lost interest in trying to work it out in them, and I don't have the newer MDI scanner to use on them. Torque is capable of reading most of the info, if you can figure out the PID parameters, but it's become a pretty big job to decipher them these days.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still here, but I don't play around with PIDs so much these days. I have figured out most of the ones I wanted for the Tahoe. I drive a 2021 Escalade most of the time now and most of those PIDs don't work on it. GM has changed them in the newer CANBUS and Global-B protocols.

I figured out many of those PIDs by capturing the data stream between my Tahoe and Tech 2 while scanning the things I was interested in. Then I combed through the data and tested parameters by trial and error until I found the PID I was interested in. In some cases it also required working out the proper header info as well, if it was from a different module other than the ECM (for instance, the tire pressure data is, if I remember correctly, requested from the instrument cluster). GM has moved to a new diagnostic scanner since then and the technique that I used on the Tahoe with the Tech 2 doesn't work on the newer vehicles, so I never figured out the PIDs for those things on my Escalade.

It was complicated enough in the 2005 models, but the newer vehicles have so much going on that, frankly, I lost interest in trying to work it out in them, and I don't have the newer MDI scanner to use on them. Torque is capable of reading most of the info, if you can figure out the PID parameters, but it's become a pretty big job to decipher them these days.
Thanks for the response Doug.