Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scope27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad you made it safe and at the same time I learned a little more about things I should prepare for when towing heavy weight.

OP
OP
aflumb

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the trip went so well, no problems or breakdowns. You obviously know what you are doing and how to stay safe.

no not one problem the whole way. i actually packed the trailer so that i could get to my tool box, jack, and jack stands if need. the only problem i found was the stock brakes got a lil hot coming down the mountains in NM while the wife was driving. but the was the problem, she doesnt take advice from me while driving very well. i was trying to get her to us the trans and watch here speed. but she did ok

I have to say I'm surprised you could tow 10,000 lbs. with those 3.08 gears and not struggle the whole way. As for the 5.3, I know I've read some criticism of it, not enough power, need the 6.2, etc. but I've been impressed with it. For a relatively small engine I think it has respectable power and tows very predictably.

yea theres alot of complaints about the 5.3 with the 3.08 gears. im not sure what people expect with this set up when it comes to towing. like i said im sure my entire load with us in the truck was well over 17K. but i think i did great. its not something i would do again. but for 2200 miles to get here. i say the Tahoe is a beast!!!!

Glad you made it safe and at the same time I learned a little more about things I should prepare for when towing heavy weight.

thanks and to me if you prepare and take as many precautions as you can everything should be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali