Touch screen not working on lower half

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Schumacher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, All. First post here. I have owned a Suburban or Yukon continuously since about 1997. Current one is a 2016 Yukon XL Denali that I recently purchased. The lower half of the touchscreen has no function any longer. I just bought a used one to swap out (hopefully it works) and I plan on dissecting the old one to see if I can repair once I have it out. Has anyone replaced the entire unit (screen and push-button controls) with a used or new replacement? If so, is there any dealer programming needed or is it plug and play? Also wonder if anyone has attempted to repair/replace just the screen? It looks like you can buy the screen unit itself from a few sources. Thank you.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

If you read my thread, it might help you in that my screen started to malfunction in the exact same way. Eventually it became useless for any features. I had an extended warrantee, so mine was replaced by the dealership, but features I had on it before, were not working with the new screen.
You can read about it here if it will be any help to you;

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/say-it-isnt-so-joe-say-it-isnt-so.124675/

OP
OP
Brian Schumacher

Brian Schumacher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

If you read my thread, it might help you in that my screen started to malfunction in the exact same way. Eventually it became useless for any features. I had an extended warrantee, so mine was replaced by the dealership, but features I had on it before, were not working with the new screen.
You can read about it here if it will be any help to you;

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/say-it-isnt-so-joe-say-it-isnt-so.124675/

Thanks for the link. Interesting. I guess I'll see what happens this weekend when I swap out the screen. Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Brian Schumacher

Brian Schumacher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the screen unit yesterday. Took about 15 minutes total. Very easy to do. Works perfectly. No programming needed. Found a used one from a salvage yard for $250. Now I'm going to see if I can repair the one I took out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork