Say it isn't so Joe, say it isn't so

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from the various problems I am having with the dealer screwing me on the drivetrain warranty (see my other thread if interested) :flame:, I had my main screen replaced due to it freezing up as it became useless.
When I got it back, they had replaced the entire unit.
However when I went to use the pause feature, I couldn't find it.
I found it very handy to pause and/or reverse a song, news report, etc., but figured it was just a programming issue.

Instead the dealer told me that what my old unit had was HD Radio, which acted like a DVR functionality wise, but that feature is no longer available. :uhoh2:
So before I start drinking heavily, I know this dealer does not have their head screwed on straight at times, having told me certain features of XYZ didn't exist or work on my Escalade ESV, only to find out they were wrong.

I cannot imagine such a great feature on their premier model was dropped, so I am hoping the collective knowledge of this forum can tell me "it isn't so" ?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
year dependent... YES GM had various features available within the unit itself.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks, i luv the pause/rewind feature

have them find a proper one for you. sounds like they went lazy way out

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
far as im aware a warranty repair is supposed to return a vehicle to you in the same fashion as you dropped it off for work. replacing something with a lesser version is definitely a lazy way out and should be corrected the right way. exaggeration but warranty work on the 4wd and they removed it and made it a 2wd. ofcourse nissan did that a while ago with some of thier rogues but im not sure if that was warranty related.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried calling GM, and they have still not gotten back to me. Does anyone know if replacing the entire unit means HD radio no longer exists in the programming or not?

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by a company that sells refurbished screens, that the feature is not inside the unit that was replaced (think computer screen but the features are in the hardware itself) and instead in the "HMI module".
So in theory, that unless they also replaced that module, the feature/s should still be available.

Anyone know if this info is correct before I go to give the dealership another rough time?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other posts that mention certain features not being present after GM updates...similar to all devices, if the software changes or apps become unsupported, they either do not work or disappear

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an update, as usual the SM gave me incorrect information. Since they did not replace the HMI module, the feature was still present, but not turned on/programmed back when the new screen was installed.
That is the good news, as I have my pause and rewind feature still intact.

The potential bad news is that newer models which I might consider moving into (since I have lost confidence in this ones motor after the dealership was done so much work to) may not have this feature.
Does anyone know for sure if this feature was dropped, and if so, what year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne