Torsion bar cross member bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
Does Anyone know the part number for just the bushings that can be pressed in for the torsion bar crossmember mount and not the mount with the bushings already installed? I looked and can't find them and I remembered a thread on here about just pressing in the bushings instead of having to cut the old mount out and having to weld on a new one.

I didn't mean to post this here I wasn't paying attention and thought I was in the general discussion forum

Last edited:

cbepro

Reaction score
p/n: 20829013.

GM Parts Direct.com

Took me awhile to figure out how to get the bushing out, even longer to think of a plan for the install tool.

NOTE: this tool setup will get the bushing installed 95% of the way.
20140710_172553.jpg

I had to use a 2nd cup from my Harbor Freight ball joint kit to finish the install. Of course i did not have the right size cup so the cup was cocked but still manage to fully install the bushing.
20140710_185127.jpg

Old bushing removal: Just look to see on your vehicle what side of the bushing has the lip, then use a punch and bash away in the opposite direction.
20140710_154923.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
Does Anyone know the part number for just the bushings that can be pressed in for the torsion bar crossmember mount and not the mount with the bushings already installed? I looked and can't find them and I remembered a thread on here about just pressing in the bushings instead of having to cut the old mount out and having to weld on a new one.

I didn't mean to post this here I wasn't paying attention and thought I was in the general discussion forum

Thanks man! I literally looked for an hour and couldn't find just the bushings. Thanks for the tips also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts