Torn passenger seat belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bagherra

Reaction score
Passenger seat has a rip from the previous owner...ordered new seat belt from dealer and was quoted by the service dept $362 to install..

Is this that much of a PITA to do?

Thanx in advance!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Not $362 worth of a pain IMO if your comfortable with a wrench.

OP
OP
Bagherra

Bagherra

Reaction score
Whats the hardest part about the job? I'm pretty comfortable with a wrench..but working 6 days a week ..really dont have a lotta time to wrench...

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t done my truck but my wife’s BMW I disconnect the battery to avoid any chance of a short or dash lights. Remove the trim pieces and you’ll see the bolts. The shoulder harness was a booger for me. If you’re not doing the buckle side it’s pretty straight forward to do just a little time consuming. Her car also had a ground wire so I cleaned it and reinstalled. There are likely lots of TY videos for our rigs.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on the age the lower torx bolts can be some hastle. make sure you get the correct size torx too as they tend to be tight af. once you damage a torx bolt removing one can be a serious hastle. outside of that as stated above its mostly time consuming getting to the bolts and then replacing all the trim.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You also need to make sure that everything is retorqued to the proper specification when installing the new seatbelt. From a safety standpoint, I would let the dealer or a GM certified body shop (which can be an independent shop) handle the repair. That way, if there is a screw up (god forbid) and someone gets hurt, you have someone to go after.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be pretty simple since they stopped putting them inside the seat's, you just have to take the trim panel loose so you can reach a ratchet in there, the rear seat belts on my silverado are a no brainer. the fronts are just behind the side panel, suv's can't be much different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094