Took into dealership, now have thump in rear when I go over bumps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my 2010 5.3 4x4 Tahoe (95,000 miles) into the dealership last week for a transmission fluid/filter change, they also rotated my tires while it was in there. I now have a thump coming from somewhere in the rear, it sounds like a hollow type of thump, sounds like its almost in the floor towards the 2nd/3rd row. I can only hear it when I go over a bump.

I checked the spare tire and all the suspension bolts, everything looks good. My initial thought was that when they lifted it on the car lift it stretch out the suspension and messed something up, however I cannot find any evidence of this.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Do they loosen anything other the pan for the transmission fluid change? Thanks in advance for the help!

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that it happend after a service, but That sounds like the drive shaft slip yolk, pull drive shaft and grease splines.