Too much power ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bloto88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So at what point in upgrading horsepower am I going to need to upgrade transmission and has anyone had any experience doing this? Below is my post that went to the wrong forum part of this website...

I have an 04 yukon Denali and I am planning on doing quite alot of performance upgrades on the motor. If I'm not mistaken stock is 325hp and about 360lb tq. I'm under the impression that the tranny that comes in this truck is the4l65e which has a max tq rating of 380lb tq. This is only 20 greater then factory. After only afew bolt ons I'm worried that I'm going to surpass this capability and greatly reduce the life if my trans. That said I am near louisville and wondering if anyone knows any good shops that can do a level 2 upgrade for the transmission and/or if anyone has ever had this work done, what kind of costs I'm looking at??

Correct me if any of my info is wrong as well.

I'm planning, all said and done to have; CAI, supermaxx headers, high flow MagnaFlow cats/exhaust system, mild cams, port and polish and tuned. I am hoping to be able to put down 400 hp out of this motor N/A 6.0l but would rather go preventative and upgrade Trans if recommended, rather then blowing it up because IF I can pull 400 hp out of this motor I'm sure my lb tq will be well over 400 as well putting my stock 4l65e in a bad place. Also anything else in my drive train/setup that may need attention if I am to complete all these mods?

Any input or personal experience is greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10