Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That statement is true...but I’m wondering why your truck was with that clown you call your friend so long and is just now supposedly getting it up and running? Also, I didn’t mention this for you to take offense! I just happened to have a sick sense of humor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait til the ****** calls or texts me. He's had it since May, and if he installed it, what's another few days. I'll wait. I SHOULD make him wait!

If you don't check up on that tucker, he is going to give you a bandaid for the cost of a gold nugget.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That statement is true...but I’m wondering why your truck was with that clown you call your friend so long and is just now supposedly getting it up and running? Also, I didn’t mention this for you to take offense! I just happened to have a sick sense of humor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well....his priorities are messed up. That's why I had mentioned he's a lousy businessman. You take in a job--you do it! Not keep pushing it to the back burner. I'm still a customer. He didn't treat me like this all the other times--and he's dome alot of work on my rides. Oh well, now I know.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to think with age--comes wisdom. And to know when to pick your battles. At the time my priority was to just get the truck running and out of there.
Whats up Tony been a while since I've been on here. I see you've been up and down with your ride. I got Denali cluster from you way back! I remember the original 6.0 you had installed. A couple of things I would address from the previous build. Make sure you run bigger injectors. I remember you running stock injectors on that cammed 6.0. It ran good, but it still think it was too lean and needed bigger injectors. As for the new one it should say "6.0" on the front of the block and have flat top pistons if its an lq9. The builder should be able to provide pics of this. Is Blackbear still around? I still have my Autocal from when my truck was tuned. Go HP tuners if you ever plan to 4l80 it like i did. My truck still runs strong 5yrs later and your cam specs are similar to my Vinci cam so you shouldn't have a problem other than injectors. Its all in the tune. I would put an A/F gauge on it so you can see how its running at WOT so you dont blow it up. Hoping this builder gets his shit together as these trucks are like Legos and should take much to drop a motor in as long as he knows how to use a torque wrench.

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Whats up Tony been a while since I've been on here. I see you've been up and down with your ride. I got Denali cluster from you way back! I remember the original 6.0 you had installed. A couple of things I would address from the previous build. Make sure you run bigger injectors. I remember you running stock injectors on that cammed 6.0. It ran good, but it still think it was too lean and needed bigger injectors. As for the new one it should say "6.0" on the front of the block and have flat top pistons if its an lq9. The builder should be able to provide pics of this. Is Blackbear still around? I still have my Autocal from when my truck was tuned. Go HP tuners if you ever plan to 4l80 it like i did. My truck still runs strong 5yrs later and your cam specs are similar to my Vinci cam so you shouldn't have a problem other than injectors. Its all in the tune. I would put an A/F gauge on it so you can see how its running at WOT so you dont blow it up. Hoping this builder gets his shit together as these trucks are like Legos and should take much to drop a motor in as long as he knows how to use a torque wrench.

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk
Good to see you back @bottomline2000! How's that cluster treating you lol? It's been a damn soap opera for sure. I think it's finally coming to an end. I still have the stock injectors, but I'd like to maybe get a set of flex fuel injectors. Think that'll work? Any recommendations? I'm on a budget also. What are you using? Simple plug and play? I won't need to retune for the bigger injectors?
The last 6.0 went because of cam bearings. Luckily it wasn't fuel related. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo