Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried getting them out. No luck without them cracking and breaking. Could you try that link again. Not working for me.
Sorry about that. Try now. Also, I use a small flat blade screwdriver, I have a little craftsman, with the ridges on it. Works well to depress the tab, and pull out the puddle lights. Hopefully you can get to them without cracking any more. Otherwise, you may be doing an @ 05Single mod on them with some plexiglass, and those crazy bright eagle eyes! [emoji16]

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Try now. Also, I use a small flat blade screwdriver, I have a little craftsman, with the ridges on it. Works well to depress the tab, and pull out the puddle lights. Hopefully you can get to them without cracking any more. Otherwise, you may be doing an @ 05Single mod on them with some plexiglass, and those crazy bright eagle eyes! [emoji16]
Got it now. Thx :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz, this may help identify the needed power/ ground wires for the motors. I think that’s the only thing missing. Not saying you need to wire in a switch, but can use this to identify, apply power to the leads, reverse polarity, etc... hope it helps:
https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/powerfold-signal-mirrors.200970/
Thx Sam. Hopefully I'll have a chance to fully check out those links. Checked it out real quick and there were links within the links. I started to get lost lol. Hopefully I can get these figured out.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx Sam. Hopefully I'll have a chance to fully check out those links. Checked it out real quick and there were links within the links. I started to get lost lol. Hopefully I can get these figured out.
Damn, has a couple wiring diagrams in the post I thought would be useful, and now I can’t view them. [emoji2959]

Post #6 from that thread has a lot of good info. He lays out wiring from 03 mirror harness to 01 truck harness (driver & passenger) with the blue and black mirror connectors.
Looks like from mirror harness:

Passenger:
Blue connector:
Brown wire: fold (-) retract (+) extend
Gray wire: fold (-) extend (+) retract

Driver:
Black connector:
Brown wire: Fold (-) retract (+) extend
Large Gray wire: Fold (-) extend (+) retract

Once I logged back in to the site from my desktop, I could view the images again. Not sure why it’s not working on my phone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Damn, has a couple wiring diagrams in the post I thought would be useful, and now I can’t view them. [emoji2959]

Post #6 from that thread has a lot of good info. He lays out wiring from 03 mirror harness to 01 truck harness (driver & passenger) with the blue and black mirror connectors.
Looks like from mirror harness:

Passenger:
Blue connector:
Brown wire: fold (-) retract (+) extend
Gray wire: fold (-) extend (+) retract

Driver:
Black connector:
Brown wire: Fold (-) retract (+) extend
Large Gray wire: Fold (-) extend (+) retract

Once I logged back in to the site from my desktop, I could view the images again. Not sure why it’s not working on my phone.
I couldn't see any pics at all. Just that little icon.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't see any pics at all. Just that little icon.
Do you have a login to the site? I couldn’t see anything from my phone, but once I logged in on the desktop, they showed up. Let me know, I can email to you or something if that would help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew