To Sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We bought our 21 loaded Denali in December of last year. We absolutely love it and it performs really well. We have about 15K miles on it since it’s our only car right now. We currently have an order for a 3500 Sierra Denali and my wife said she’d be okay trading in/selling our Yukon when the truck get’s here since she’s not driving a ton.

I told her our Yukon is running great and hard to get, but she said in a few years we can get another one when we need it more. While I really don’t plan on selling, the idea of getting something with super cruise and more tech goodies in a few years is crossing my mind.

I’m curious, if we were to trade/sell, do you think we’d do okay financially? I can’t believe I’m writing this post given the fact I don’t want to get rid of a car we think can last us a long time, but I’m wondering if the market would benefit us if we were to make a move like this?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are positive you dont need it, its a PERFECT storm time to sell. You are going to get more now, than you could at any other time. Dealers are even paying a premium for trucks, so that might be something to factor in your equation.

Edit: That being said, make darn good and sure you dont need it. Its a sellers market, not a buyers.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote to keep the Denali!

I say that because you have had zero issues for 15K miles. I never hear anyone say their brand new vehicle [any make] has had zero issues for 15K miles. There is always something they have to bring it in for. Could be minor or major.

No way I would sell it. But that is just me.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought a lot of new vehicles. I have had a lot of vehicles period. When you get a "good one" you keep it as long as possible. i have traded in great trucks only to get "new" trucks that have me at the dealership every month! Newer is not always better, but it is a crap shoot on getting a "good" one. Over a year on a new GM truck and no issues...keep it as needed.

OP
OP
C

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Thank you guys for firming my decision. It’s crazy I could possibly get more money than what I paid for the car a year ago, but at the end of the day we didn’t buy it as an investment, we bought it to drive it and enjoy it.

Jabroni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you guys for firming my decision. It’s crazy I could possibly get more money than what I paid for the car a year ago, but at the end of the day we didn’t buy it as an investment, we bought it to drive it and enjoy it.
IMHO you’re making the right decision to keep it. However, if the feeling returns and you do end up selling I highly recommend doing the online quote process with all three of Carmax, Vroom and Carvana. They all generally give more than a local dealer but sometimes there’s many thousands difference between them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz