Tires & wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shumif1

Reaction score
I'm researching some wheels and tires and was wondering if anyone has had any clearance issues as far as a little taller tire . I was thinking of 20x9 wheels after a leveling kit . Or should I ask the place that is doing the leveling on recommendations ?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Shouldn’t be an issue but what do you mean by a little taller? What tire size are you thinking?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

On my 07, I'm running 305/50-x20 tires with a 20x8.5 stock wheel. The suspension has not been lifted or leveled, and I have no rubbing. The clearances are close, however, so I'm not sure that a higher or wider tire could be used without some leveling or lifting.

Other folks will chime in with their actual experiences.

OP
OP
S

Shumif1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Shouldn’t be an issue but what do you mean by a little taller? What tire size are you thinking?
I was looking at this size LT275/55R20 so a little taller than this.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your tire would be a little over an inch narrower but have the same sidewalk as Joseph’s so you should be good. You can use the tire size calculator to see other options.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the tire size calculator that I like, as it gives you the opportunity to plug in current actual clearances from the suspension components and fender for your current tire size, and then project/estimate those critical clearance changes for different tire sizes.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is the tire size calculator that I like, as it gives you the opportunity to plug in current actual clearances from the suspension components and fender for your current tire size, and then project/estimate those critical clearance changes for different tire sizes.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

This works. It accurately predicted where my 22X9_24mm wheels with 285/45-22 tires would rub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts