Tired subject but quick ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GMCfanatic2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow i emailed blackbear but i guess i didnt realize that a tuner alone from them would cost me 600$ ... is this really worth that kind of money just for gas mileage... this is not a performance vehicle ... everything is factory basically ... i just dont know i wanna drop that kinda dough on simply trying to squeeze a few more mpgs out of the thing...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get one in the future too but from what I understand you'll get MPG's but also much better performance and acceleration. Much better than any other product out there. You can throw 300 down on a CAI and not see ANY difference so that makes the $600 for the BB tune seem worth it to me considering all the folks that have seen a "night and day" difference with it :shrug:

OP
OP
G

GMCfanatic2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just not sure i wanna do that... the K&N is gunna happen regardless... buyin one from a buddy that took it off his identical yukon before he sold it... mainly cause i asked him to HA!! sorry for the buyer, plus he owes me a few favors so gunna get the K&N dirt cheap.... but ill consider the BB tune they did offer me 2 options... the scan cable and the autocal.... for what im trying to do which one would you guys prefer? new to programmers all together... just looking for all the input i can get before i make a decision to do anything and i really apprecaite the feedback so far

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow 600? just do their in person tune for 250. I did that as a few of my friends at fsc.com too.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow i emailed blackbear but i guess i didnt realize that a tuner alone from them would cost me 600$ ... is this really worth that kind of money just for gas mileage... this is not a performance vehicle ... everything is factory basically ... i just dont know i wanna drop that kinda dough on simply trying to squeeze a few more mpgs out of the thing...

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a way you can make it stay in 4cyl mode for longer, like on interstate going around 65 or 70? I know you dont need mych power to keep the truck moving at these speeds. Im not giong to get an expensive CAI but I do plan on moding the stock system to get better MPGs and I want to get a progamer if it is worth it.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

wow 600? just do their in person tune for 250. I did that as a few of my friends at fsc.com too.

anywhere to do this around New Orleans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts