Tire size wheel combination question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey Justice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been reading the forums a lot and have been trying to decide on wheels and tires for over a month. I read a lot of post about tire sizing but seems like most people are using stock wheels which have a huge positive offset.

Is anyone running aftermarket rims with a 0/+1 offset? I'm curious if I can get a 275/65/18 Falken on this setup without rubbing. I do have the 1 1/2 Suspension Max leveling kit.

Any information would be appreciated. I would like to order wheels this week.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those aftermarket wheels Joey almost always cause clearance issues because they push the wheel out too far. Some places will make the wheel to your specifications as as popular as our trucks are, not sure why they don't already make the popular offsets.

OP
OP
Joey Justice

Joey Justice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those aftermarket wheels Joey almost always cause clearance issues because they push the wheel out too far. Some places will make the wheel to your specifications as as popular as our trucks are, not sure why they don't already make the popular offsets.

It is a slippery slope. It is either factory or extreme with a lift, not really a middle ground.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question, as I am running stock wheels.

You can, however, use this wheel/tire calculator to 'model' how a different wheel/tire/offset combination would change the existing clearances that you have with your existing wheel/tire/offset combination. You will have to take measurements of existing clearances and plug them into the calculator, but I believe that this will be helpful to you.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

OP
OP
Joey Justice

Joey Justice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question, as I am running stock wheels.

You can, however, use this wheel/tire calculator to 'model' how a different wheel/tire/offset combination would change the existing clearances that you have with your existing wheel/tire/offset combination. You will have to take measurements of existing clearances and plug them into the calculator, but I believe that this will be helpful to you.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I checked one of these out. It looks like the difference between the stock wheel is the it sets out 1.02" farther than the current wheel. I think I will shim one of the wheels out 1" today to get a true understanding of how close the rub would be. Still interested to know if anyone else had run into any issues. The 275 65 18 is only .3 inches taller and the same width as the factory 275/55/20 so I don't think that would be an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WHRIII