Tire recommendation for 15 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeriJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need new tires for my Yukon XL. I do a lot of highway driving, with winter coming I am most concerned about a tire that will handle well in rain and in light ice situations. I'm in Texas so I am not worried about snow. Go to the ranch on weekends, will not be "4 wheeling" but will definitely be on dirt/gravel roads and in the pasture. Don't want to give up too much in terms of noise/ride/mpg. Bonus points if it looks good--like a bad ass girl truck tire should. :)

All of the tire choices out there are confusing -- need y'all to make a recommendation so I don't look like a ding bat when I go to the tire store.

3girls1boyYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size wheel do you currently have?. 18's 20's or 22's?... I really like these tires. I have used them on my vehicles(Titan, Frontier, & Avalanche)in the passed. I live in NY, and experience all types of weather. The tread pattern is cool looking and they ride really nice. No complaints on highway either(Albany - Long Island). Also, if you're into the look you can have white lettering out, or have them turned in. Well, just a thought, good luck in your search. Try not to drive yourself crazy, because there are a lot of options out there $$..

upload_2017-1-4_15-1-4.png

OP
OP
J

JeriJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size wheel do you currently have?. 18's 20's or 22's?... I really like these tires. I have used them on my vehicles(Titan, Frontier, & Avalanche)in the passed. I live in NY, and experience all types of weather. The tread pattern is cool looking and they ride really nice. No complaints on highway either(Albany - Long Island). Also, if you're into the look you can have white lettering out, or have them turned in. Well, just a thought, good luck in your search. Try not to drive yourself crazy, because there are a lot of options out there $$..

View attachment 71941
I have 20's

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do some great research and fairly quickly narrow your search/choice by going to www.tirerack.com and punching in your exact vehicle or by punching in your exact tire size.
Great information, reviews, ratings, all pricing, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz