Tire question: Has anyone tried the BF Goodrich ADVANTAGE T/A SPORT LT??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MVR 155

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Denali with the 22" wheels that I bought new (took delivery 10/1/2015), drove through the first winter (which was mild) with the factory Bridgestones and replaced them with Michelin Defender LTX in December of 2016 before the snow started flying. The Bridgestone's were really bad in the snow and even in the wet. The Defenders are awesome tires and I've been very happy with their performance. My current set is down to 6/32'nds (with just about 36K miles on the set) which is about where most tires begin to struggle with snow/winter conditions. I have read some really good reviews on the BFG Advantage TA which also has the 3PMSF rating for severe snow. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago so we get our fair share of snow but I also travel to northern Michigan and Colorado for every winter for Snowboarding/skiing trips so having a tire that is good in the snow is mandatory.

I was out of town for our first two early season snow events here so I'm not sure how my current tires will fare at their current tread depth. I'm on the fence about just getting new tires for the piece of mind. While I had just planned on getting another set of Defenders but after seeing some reviews on the BFG's, I figured it would be worthwhile to see if anyone else had firsthand experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon