Tire Pressure TPMS reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WJK1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if this is duplicate, I could not find the answer for 2015's. Do we need the TPMS reset tool for our tire pressure sensors? I read the trick with letting air out in older forums. Will this work on our 2015's? Any option other than buying the tool?

2nd part, has anyone bought a tool? I found the GM tool and some aftermarket. Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks all!

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a random misreading issue on one of the TMPS sensors when I first switched them into my new wheels. I just went back to America's Tire (Discount Tire-in other areas) where I purchased my tires, and they reset my TMPS sensors with their tool. It took them all of 2 minutes and when I asked if I could do it myself somehow, they said I needed the tool but to swing by ANY TIME and they'd set them quickly. I think you may be able to find the tool on Amazon or eBay but how easy my tires shop made it, I don't see a need to buy one. Hope that helps some!

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a random misreading issue on one of the TMPS sensors when I first switched them into my new wheels. I just went back to America's Tire (Discount Tire-in other areas) where I purchased my tires, and they reset my TMPS sensors with their tool. It took them all of 2 minutes and when I asked if I could do it myself somehow, they said I needed the tool but to swing by ANY TIME and they'd set them quickly. I think you may be able to find the tool on Amazon or eBay but how easy my tires shop made it, I don't see a need to buy one. Hope that helps some!

This.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16