Tire pressure sensor system warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

destro77

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to turn off the warning i did not put sensors in my new tires now i get the warning all the time

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The only option is to spend $120-150 and buy some new sensors and put them in there.....it cannot be turned off any other way.

paradise

Reaction score
The only option is to spend $120-150 and buy some new sensors and put them in there.....it cannot be turned off any other way.
I don't know, but someone with a programmer MAY be able to turn it off. Again, I'm not sure...

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get some sensors program them like normal and throw them in the glove box and forget about them.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get some sensors program them like normal and throw them in the glove box and forget about them.
......?

The sensors SENSE the tire pressure....of a tire....on a wheel... If the tire pressure is abnormal then you get a chime and a warning light.

Now I'm no expert, but I'm guessing if you put the sensors in your glove box you won't get proper air pressure readings so you will still have the chime and warning lights. ;)

Last edited:

Akuma Inu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
......?

The sensors SENSE the tire pressure....of a tire....on a wheel... If the tire pressure is abnormal then you get a chime and a warning light.

Now I'm no expert, but I'm guessing if you put the sensors in your glove box you won't get proper air pressure readings so you will still have the chime and warning lights. ;)

The way it was explained to me is that, yes they sense tire pressure, but will only give the alarm if the tire pressures are not the same. If they are all reading 0-1psi in your glove box you shouldn't get the light or chime. The system doesn't know the psi you're running, just the differences in each wheel. If one wheel gets to far below another, then it give the alarm.

Strip5150

Reaction score
Is it not possible just to use the old ones from the stock tires or do you need to buy new ones?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score

Doing this will not even come close to working haha.
The only other option he has is to bring down the spair tire, buy only one TPMS sensors, have it mounted like normal in the spare, then program that one sensor to all 4 tire locations and that will work and get rid of the light. That is the $40 alternative solution
It has been done before and works, but I would just buy 4 sensors for every tire.
Akuma that idea will not work either.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Is it not possible just to use the old ones from the stock tires or do you need to buy new ones?

You can use the old stock ones too.

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing this will not even come close to working haha.
The only other option he has is to bring down the spair tire, buy only one TPMS sensors, have it mounted like normal in the spare, then program that one sensor to all 4 tire locations and that will work and get rid of the light. That is the $40 alternative solution
It has been done before and works, but I would just buy 4 sensors for every tire.
Akuma that idea will not work either.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

You can use the old stock ones too.

Putting them in the glove box does work... lol. I have quite a few customers that have done it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostknight