Tire Pressure Light Won't Turn Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it read higher or lower and will light up for either. every 30 second of tire spin will cause a transmitting of pressures and dic will respond accordingly. here is some info to help and a tsb that may apply to you.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 33
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 19

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer?

Seems like maybe a bad sensor needs replacing?

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer?

Seems like maybe a bad sensor needs replacing?

I was thinking that's possible, but I don't think that's what it is. The sensor will still tell me the tire pressures correctly so it seems weird that suddenly it thinks pressures all the way up to 40psi are too low. The users manual says that if there's a problem with TPMS, the light will flash on the dash for a minute when you start the truck, and then will stay lit. Mine doesn't flash.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I woukd still take to stealership so they can do a hard reset on them. If it continues then tje semspr shpuld be bad

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I woukd still take to stealership so they can do a hard reset on them. If it continues then tje semspr shpuld be bad

Yeah. I've had the truck for about a month and a half, but due to two big roadtrips I've already put 3,000 miles on it so it's gonna be ready for an oil change soon. I was thinking I'd take it to a dealership to have that done and they can look at the TPMS light at the same time.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted of the results after your upcoming dealer visit.

Louis
GM Customer Service

I finally got around to unhooking the battery and hooking it back up. Looks like that cleared it. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bell45